December 5, 2017
CEC head Van Robinson comments on Friday incident
STE. GENEVIEVE -- Citizens Electric Corporation CEO Van Robinson has this morning commented on Friday's reported incident in Ste. Genevieve County.
Robinson confirmed the incident involved a Citizens Electric employee.
He said the individual was taken to a St. Louis area hospital and was discharged from the hospital on Saturday.
He said investigations of the incident are ongoing.
According to reports Friday, Ste. Genevieve County ambulance was dispatched to the electrical substation at 12760 Route O at 12:50 p.m. by a report of an "electrocution".
Actually, the 61-year-old victim was reported to be conscious and breathing after making contact with 7,200 volts.
A Survival Flight medical helicopter was dispatched to the scene and transported the victim to Mercy St. Louis Hospital.